In no particular order 🙂
- Eat breakfast every single morning.
- You wouldn’t drive a car on an empty gas tank, would you? Look at your body as the car and the food as fuel to get you going in the morning.
- And personally, I think that breakfast is the best meal anyways.
2. The darker the leaf = the healthier it is
- Rather than eat romaine or iceberg lettuce, go for spinach, kale, arugula, etc. They pack way more nutrition.
3. Use reduced fat dressing over non fat.
- This is an issue I have dealt with for a long time because of my fear with fats. But I have learned that fats in the salad dressing actually helps absorb the nutrients in the lettuce. So all that time I was putting non fat dressing on my salad, I was hardly getting any vitamins!
- Simply mix olive oil and vinegar for a great homemade dressing or make some tahini! Yum!
4. Eat when you’re hungry and stop when you’re full.
- This is way easier said than done. I am still working on this but I know that one day I will achieve it 🙂
5. When eating eggs, eat the darn yolk!
- I have struggled with this for such a long time. Egg yolks get a bad reputation because they are high in cholesterol but recent studies have shown that they are actually good for you.
- In the morning: Scramble one egg yolk and two whites to get the goodness of the yolk without too much 🙂
I love your Food Philosophy!!! It is just like mine! 😀
I definitely eat the yolk!
Great rules!:) Breakfast is my favorite, too!
I completely agree with each of these rules. Completely!
Real nice style and design and good content material, absolutely nothing else we want :D.
Great philosophy! Love it 🙂
Yup egg yolk is actually really healthy because that’s where most of the nutrients (other than protein) are in the egg. Plus it tastes good 😛
Simple and awesome…
love your food philosophy as well!! I just recently was told that same thing about using a salad dressing with fat to help absorb the nutrients, such an interesting fact! I am almost embarassed that I didn’t realize it sooner. But you def have some great tips for others to live by:)
Just found your blog and i love it! 🙂 and dude i love LOVE YOUR FOOD PHILOSOPHY! simple, yet all of them seem so difficult at times… like 4 and 5.