In no particular order 🙂
- Eat breakfast every single morning.
- You wouldn’t drive a car on an empty gas tank, would you? Look at your body as the car and the food as fuel to get you going in the morning.
- And personally, I think that breakfast is the best meal anyways.
2. The darker the leaf = the healthier it is
- Rather than eat romaine or iceberg lettuce, go for spinach, kale, arugula, etc. They pack way more nutrition.
3. Use reduced fat dressing over non fat.
- This is an issue I have dealt with for a long time because of my fear with fats. But I have learned that fats in the salad dressing actually helps absorb the nutrients in the lettuce. So all that time I was putting non fat dressing on my salad, I was hardly getting any vitamins!
- Simply mix olive oil and vinegar for a great homemade dressing or make some tahini! Yum!
4. Eat when you’re hungry and stop when you’re full.
- This is way easier said than done. I am still working on this but I know that one day I will achieve it 🙂
5. When eating eggs, eat the darn yolk!
- I have struggled with this for such a long time. Egg yolks get a bad reputation because they are high in cholesterol but recent studies have shown that they are actually good for you.
- In the morning: Scramble one egg yolk and two whites to get the goodness of the yolk without too much 🙂