Hi. Remember me? If not, don’t worry. I’m not offended.
So as you can tell by my title, I’m gonna take a break from blogging. It’s nothing bad, really! It’s actually all good. Really, truly amazing. Blogging is time consuming and to be honest, I would rather spend that time with my friends.
I love this school. This state. These people. My life. I am happy, and I will never get tired of saying that. I’ve worked hard to reach this happiness and gosh darn it, I’m not letting it go.
If you ever need somebody to talk to about disordered eating, depression, body image, school, life, running, exercise, or just to say hi, you are moreee than welcome to send me an email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ). You are also more than welcome to add me on Facebook. If you’re a reader or fellow blogger, keep in touch!
I may be back to this good ‘ol blog one of these days, but for now, I just want you all to know that you are amazing. Thank you so much for your continued support. Without your help, I wouldn’t be where I am today. And today, I am happy, healthy, and right where I need to be.
See you later.
Long time no blog! These past couple of weeks have been m.a.d.n.e.s.s. In a good way though! Let me bring you all up to date as to what I have been doing:
- I moved into my dorm and have decorated like crazy.
- I started classes. Love them all so far.
- I have met amazing people. I already know some will be lifelong friends.
- I have been happy. Very. Very. Very. Happy.
- I got first place in the Welcome Week 5k. (Pat on the back, Haley.)
- I played in an intramural basketball game. We lost first round but it was still fun.
- I played in intramural dodgeball. Once again, got out first round…and hit in the stomach. Good things I have abs of steel 😉
- I went to the first football game of the season. We crushed the other team. Holla! My friends and I got into it by painting our faces. Gotta show that school pride.
- I hung out with people until 1am playing guitar and singing. A very cool and peaceful experience.
- I’ve checked out a few churches.
- I’ve done community service work. We collected cans for the homeless. It was about 100 degrees out but so worth it.
- I did a Brazilian martial arts class. That was interesting…
- I did 3 hours of zumba.
- I also think I have found what I would like to do with my life: nutritionist in an eating disorder. Since recovering, I have found how amazing life is without an ED and I want to share that with those suffering. Life is beautiful and so are you.
Let me tell you what I have not been doing:
- Allowing the ED to control my life. I have seriously never felt more free from the ED that held me back just a little while ago. I am eating food that I once refused to eat. I don’t focus on exercise after eating a certain meal. I just roll with the punches and accept what comes my way. For example, at the tailgate for the football game, it was pulled pork sandwiches and chips. Uhhh…can you say fear food central?? Well I didn’t let it stop me from enjoying the people I was with. So I ate the food. And I’m still alive today. *gasp*
- Sitting in my room. I spend as little time in my dorm as possible. It’s not a bad thing! It’s just that there is so many more things to do. Library, campus center, friend’s dorm, you name it. I am basically only in my dorm to sleep/nap. I gotta socialize!
So to put it simply, life is amazing right now. I’ve never been happier. This school is where I am supposed to be. I’ve found a place I can call home. I know it’s still pretty early in the year but I definitely didn’t feel like this last year at my old school.
Thank you, Texas. I’m home.
P.S. I’m sorry for not commenting all your blogs like I would like! Once life slows down, you better believe I will be back to reading. In the meantime, stay awesome ya’ll!