To say this summer was amazing is an understatement. It was the first summer in about 5 years that I didn’t have basketball controlling my life. I lived life like a normal teen: summer job, beach, friends, etc. It was also the first summer in a long time where I didn’t feel the ED controlling my every thought and move. It was such a free feeling and I wouldn’t take this past summer back for anything. Since it was so amazing, let’s look over some highlights 🙂
- Like I said, I got a summer job at a vegan restaurant. I absolutely lovedddd working there! I made some amazing friendships and learned a lot. I hope to go back next summer, but who knows.
- I took some summer classes. Those weren’t fun, but they were online so that helped. Not gonna lie, I wasn’t the best student. I turned in some assignments late, didn’t do some readings, and sometimes just skipped out on assignments all together. But I got my shiz together and passed both classes!
- I’ve been a bad blogger this summer. I owe you all an apology! I’m sorry. Things were going so fast this summer that if I was on the computer, it was only to do the summer class work. When I post less, my life is generally going better. This blog is my outlet so if things are going reallyyy bad, I blog almost on a daily basis. But if they’re going good, I just pop in every once in awhile. So, things have been going good!
- I also want to apologize for not commenting on all your blogs. There were times where I just had to empty my reader because I had zero time.
- I conquered fear foods like no other. I posted about it here but I also faced (and defeated) a lot more. Cheese, ice cream, butter, red meat, unorganic chicken, white bread, candy, grilled cheese, french fries, and cupcakes (vegan and non vegan). I even ate a Taco Bell quesadilla. If somebody were to look at this list, they would say it was unhealthy. But to be honest, I’ve never felt healthier. Because I’m not focusing so much on what I’m eating, I have been able to loosen up and focus on the people around me and how I’m feeling. My mental health has never been better. Therefore, I feel better about myself.
- I loosened up a lot. I used to be such a prick. No joke. During high school, it was school, basketball practice, or home. I didn’t do anything fun. This has been the summer for me to let loose. I hung out with friends on a whim and even drank. I know I sound like a hypocrite because I posted about not drinking here but I’ve reconsidered a lot in my life.
- I got a boyfriend. My dad still hates this, therefore, he does not know that we are still dating. It’s been going really good between the boy and me. He got back from pre deployment and we hung out a couple of times. Now I’m off to Texas but he will visit his family in September and visit me in the process.
- I got, not 1, but 2 cartilage piercings! My motto this summer has been YOLO. I know it’s overused and annoying but it’s so great. My parents weren’t too mad about the first piercing so I decided to get the second one. Partly for me, partly to piss my dad off. I told my mom about it but my dad hasn’t even noticed yet. YOLO.
- I went to the beach a lot more than usual. I have never been a beach person. But this summer, I realized that I actually like to go! I went with my friends a few times and even solo a few. I’m gonna miss it, that’s for sure.
- I went to a couple concerts. I talked about the Tim McGraw/Kenny Chesney concert here but I also went to a Brantley Gilbert/Toby Keith concert. I am a hugeeee Brantley Gilbert fan so that’s how I originally heard about the concert. Brantley was amazing, didn’t cease to amaze me, that’s for sure. And Toby Keith was an awesome entertainer!
- My friendships got stronger. I used to always be the girl who would make up a lame excuse when asked to hang out. But now, I’m the one asking my friends to hang out. Or if they call last minute, I’m more than likely to say yes. I got much closer with my friends and I’m going to miss them SO much. And that just about sums up my summer! I’m currently in Albuquerque, New Mexico and we make the final part of the drive into Texas tomorrow. So. Stoked!
What was your highlight from the summer?