1. First things first. THANK YOU! You are all so amazing, as usual. Your response to my last post blew me away. You are all so supportive and I can’t even begin to say how blessed to have you all as ‘friends.’ So thank you times a million!
2. I went to the movies twice this week. Say wha?! This girl rarely goes to the movies because a) it’s too darn expensive and b) I have the patience of a 5 year old so I can’t sit still for very long. I saw Savages and thought it was okay. I was mainly excited to see it because they filmed down in Laguna Beach so it was fun recognizing the different places they went. One of the spots was even where I took Homecoming dance pictures! The next movie I saw was The Watch. I thought it was really funny. Not exactly what I expected, but funny nonetheless.
3. So I mentioned the guy I went out on a date(s) with before. Well, if you’re friends with me on facebook, then you would have seen that we made it FBO (facebook official). After making it official, my dad came storming into my room the next morning and said, “Time to get up. You’re changing your facebook right now.” So yeah, he was mad to say the least. I went ahead and changed it just to make him happy but that obviously isn’t stopping me from being with the guy. The boyfriend is pre-deployed right now but will be back in a couple of weeks. We keep in touch on a daily basis and he even sent me flowers, a teddy bear, and chocolate the other day. Too precious.
3. Speaking of the boyfriend, I’m looking to get him a gift before he heads off to Afghanistan. I will see him in September because he is visiting his family in Texas, so that’s a good thing. But I am SO stuck on what to get him! I want to get him something to remember/think of me, but then again, when I told my friend about one of my ideas, she told me that she doesn’t want me to get in too deep. Well, it’s too late. Then again, I see where she’s coming from. My idea was to get him this bracelet and put the latitude/longitude of where I will be in Texas. Then I will get a matching bracelet with the latitude/longitude of Afghanistan. I know, corny. But I don’t know! Any ideas are happily welcomed 🙂
4. I have found the best drink at Starbucks. Okay, ready for this?
-Nonfat or Soy Milk
-2 scoops of protein powder
-Peppermint syrup (if you’re feeling extra frisky)
If you get this in venti, like muah, it costs a whopping 6 bucks. But if your parents are loyal Starbucks customers and get the free drink certificate in the mail, then it’s free! Take that Starbucks.
5. Speaking of running. Oh…we weren’t talking about running? Well we are now. I haven’t run in about…a week. Maybe 2 weeks. Oops. I think my Garmin is mad at me for it because it won’t turn on now. I’ve tried plugging it into my computer but nope. It’s decided to be all pissy and not work. Not cool. Not cool.
6. Song of the week:
7. I don’t work tomorrow! And guess what I’m going to do…write an essay. That’s not very exciting, is it? No, no it’s not.
Well this post was all over the place. My bad! It’s currently late and I’m still a bit dazed from that 20 miler I did today. Jk look at #5.