Life is still going by a thousand miles a minute. I have been picking up a lot of hours at work but I am still loving it. Add online classes to that and bam! I’m a busy girl. But back to work. The chef has a cookbook and you best believe I bought it. I’ve talked about boogie bars before and my love for them. Man, they’re flippin’ delicious. It’s banana bread with chocolate chips, almonds, and coconuts. Basically like all of my favorite things in one. So when I got the cookbook, I made sure to make the boogie bar recipe ASAP. And they did not disapoint!
Boogie Bars (adapted from the Native Foods Cookbook)
Makes 8 bars
-1c whole wheat flour
-1/2c rolled oats
-1/2Tbsp baking powder
-1/2c sliced almonds
-1/4c shredded coconut
-1/4c chocolate chips
-1c maple syrup
-3oz silken tofu (or 3 oz firm tofu blended with a splash of almond milk)
-1/2 ripe banana (or frozen banana)
-1/4c canola oil
-sliced almonds for the top
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F and coat a loaf pan or 8×8 inch pan with oil.
2. Mix the flour, oats, baking powder, salt, almonds, coconut, and chocolate chips together in a medium bowl.
3. In a food processor or magic bullet, puree the maple syrup, tofu, banana, oil, and vanilla.
4. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix.
5. Pour the batter into the pan and top with sliced almonds.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
I can’t get enough of these bars! I love them. Now I’m off to watch Keeping Up with the Kardashians and stuff my face with boogie bars. That’s right, be jealous.