It’s Wednesday! Therefore, no need to beat around the bush, let’s get right to WIAW.
I woke up around 7 this morning to get an early workout in since I knew I was going to have a busy day ahead of me. I made these date squares from Oh She Glows the other day because I had lots of dates to be used up (don’t get that confused with my personal life). My verdict on these bars? Amazing!
I then headed out to run on the beach. The weather was amazing so I coudn’t resist. I ran 20 minutes out and 20 minutes back.
I’m pretty sure I say this every time I make pancakes, but these were, no joke, the best batch I’ve made yet! I ran out of my other protein powder so I used a different one and that may have done the trick.
Banana Nut Protein Pancakes with Maple Syrup (I also had an orange while these were cooking because I’m way too impatient.)
I ate my lunch at work because a) I get 50% off b) I see food go by me all day and c) the food is amazing.
Saigon Rolls: lemongrass tofu, daikon, carrots, brown rice, cucumbers, cilantro, basil, in a whole wheat wrap with peanut sauce
Broccoli, apple, and date square
I had to run a few errands to get my brother’s girlfriends gift together. She loves making cupcakes, so when I saw this on Pinterest, I knew it was meant for her. I stopped at TJ Maxx because they have a TON of cupcake goods. I must say, my box turned out pretty darn good, definitely not under $5 like they said. Plus, she loved it!
When I got home, I got to opening the most amazing package ever: my new iPad. Apparently, it’s going to be a requirement at my school next year for all students to have some sort of device for “mobile learning.” Plus, they were selling the iPads for $100. 100 bucks! But it’s the least they could do with an overpriced education… After that excitement, I headed off to more exciting things: voting. Weeoo.
For the birthday dinner, we went to one of our favorite restaurants, Shwack Beach Grill. They’re veggie burger is one of the best I’ve ever had so I’m more than happy whenever we go there.
Veggie burger on a whole wheat bun with caramelized onions, tomatoes and sriracha and a side of Asian slaw.
I blame my new found love with sriracha on Lea. Really. I never had it before she mentioned it. But I’ll talk about more why later.
Now onto the award! The wonderful ladies, Kate, Alex and Linnyann, nominated me for an award. And who doesn’t love winning awards? (Don’t lie). For this award, I’m to tell you 7 facts about msyself and then nominate a few other bloggers. Heck yeahh.
- So about that sriracha thing I said earlier. When I was about 5, my brother (who would have been 11 at the time), told me to smell the sriracha. So I bent down to smell it and…he squirted in my eye. In his defense, the bottle can be very sparadic. But let’s just say, I’ve been scarred for awhile. 14 years later and I finally decided to give sriracha another try!
- Every night, I brush my teeth twice and floss once. I have no idea if brushing your teeth more than once is good, but I’m paranoid. And I really floss every night so when the dentist asks, I can be honest.
- Apparently I was in a local Dairy Queen commercial when I was 3. What the heck? I literally just found this out on Sunday. I could have had an acting career! Okay, not really.
- If I could meet one person, it would be Sarah Palin. No joke. (Don’t hate me.) She is so bada**.
- In the first grade, I came home “sick” from school one day and proceeded to eat 8 eggs. That’s right, 8. I really felt sick after that (shocker) and couldn’t even look at an egg for awhile. Now they’re one of my favorite foods.
- I am probably one of the most lazy people you will meet. Sure, I’ll run marathons and do triathlons. But ask me to take out the trash or clean my room? Good luck. I’m trying to be less lazy, but sometimes, it’s just way easier to sit on the couch and watch Dr. Phil.
- I really don’t know another random fact about me but I’m sure it will come to me as soon as I hit publish. So I’ll say a random fact about my cat instead. Adi (my cat), was found under a bush when she was just a little kitten. She was taken to a vet and one of the workers took her home. Well, Adi turned out to be too crazy for the lady so she put an ad on Craigslist, and just like that, history was made. Also, her name comes from ADIdas, the sports company. I used to be obsessed with their products. Every basketball shoe, short, and shirt had to be theirs. Ironic, since I love Nike now. But we kept Adi’s name.
Now, I nominate:
Have an amazing day and try not to spend it on the couch watching Dr. Phil! (I’m mostly talking to myself with that last part.)
If you could meet one person, who would it be?
Do you watch any day time TV or talk shows?
Would you consider yourself to be lazy? (Let’s be honest here, people…)