Let’s get this party started! (These are my eats from Saturday by the way:) )
Strawberry basil french toast, eggs, and an orange
Strawberry Basil French Toast:
- 2 pieces of bread
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp milk of choice
- 2 Tbsp chopped, fresh basil
- dash of salt and pepper
- Topping: 4-5 chopped strawberries and 1Tbsp chopped basil
- Heat a non stick pan over medium heat.
- Whisk together the egg, egg white, milk, 1Tbsp basil, and the salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Soak both pieces of bread in the egg mixture.
- Lay the soaked bread in the pan and cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a plate and top with fresh strawberries and basil.
Banana with Oh She Glow’s Kitchen Sink Nut Butter
Now onto the exciting news. First up, my granola protein cookies were approved and are now posted on Healthy Aperture! If you haven’t been on Healthy Aperture yet, go on…now. And be prepared to waste lots of time on bookmarking tons of recipes. It’s very necessary.
Second piece of exciting information….I got a job! It’s at a vegan restaurant and I am beyond stoked. My dream is to one day open my own healthy restaurant and this place is seriously like everything that I would want my restaurant to be. So since Monday, I have had training which has included learning the menu, practicing working on the cashier, and trying everything on the menu. It’s tough…real tough ;)
Do you like beets?
What’s the best thing you’ve eaten recently?