I have a goal for this summer. Tara did it once and since being home and seeing all the food in the pantry, I decided I should too. My goal is to not buy any bars, granola, cereals, and other goods until I finish the ones I have! Between the expo, reviews, and buying new-to-me products, my cabinets are been overflowing. So in an attempt to use what I already have, I have been getting creative in the kitchen. But for now, we will only be buying the essentials at the market: fruits, veggies, milk, eggs.
At the expo, I got a whole bunch of granola samples. I mean, I love granola and all, but you can only eat so much! That’s where these cookies came about. I had an unopened bag sitting in the cabinet waiting to be used.
Granola Protein Cookies
- 1/2c oat bran (or oat flour)
- 3c granola
- 1/4c protein powder (I used vanilla whey)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp psyllium husks (or ground flax seeds)
- 1 flax egg (3 Tbsp warm water mixed with 1 Tbsp ground flax until becomes thick)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2c milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir till combined.
- Form the dough into 13 balls and line on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes.