Have you guys heard of Adventurous April yet from Janetha? If not, go here now! It’s such an awesome idea to get out of your comfort zone whether it’s in the kitchen, at the gym, or just in your daily life. Plus this couldn’t have come at a better time. Since I only have one month left at this school, I figured I should make the most of my surroundings!
I mentioned yesterday the walnut butter that I made. Well that was an adventure for me! The last time I tried to make nut butter, I almost broke the food processor. I tried making nutella so I threw some raw hazelnuts in the mini food processor and let it blend. Well I might as well put rocks in the food processor because I started to smell and see smoke.
Well that was about 6 months ago. I finally tried it again on Monday before I left for school. This time I made sure to use the bigger food processor and it went much better than last time! This recipe is very vague because it depends on your taste preference (plus I didn’t measure anything 😉 )
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Put the walnuts onto the baking sheet and put into the oven for 5-8 minutes.
4. Once you start to smell a nutty scent, take them out of the oven.
5. Let cool for about 5 minutes.
6. In a high speed blender or large food processor (NOT a mini food processor!), add the walnuts.
7. Blend, baby, blend! At first it will become mealy but continue to stop and scrape down the sides whenever the it becomes stuck to the side. It probably took me a total of 10 minutes.
8. When it becomes the consistency you want, add salt and cinnamon, tasting along the way.
9. Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
I thought peanut butter and pumpkin butter was a winning combination but boy oh boy was I wrong. Walnut butter and pumpkin butter is a match made in heaven.
I thinking roasting the walnuts really helped break them down in the food processor. Plus it made an awesome flavor. This definitely has given me the confidence to make homemade nut butter again! And again…and again.
My car was begging to be washed to I headed to the self serve car wash for the very first time. When I’m home, I wash the car in my driveway but since I have no driveway, what’s a girl to do? I could have easily gotten it done by someone else but a) it’s expensive and b) what’s the adventure in that?! It was surprisingly fun to do! The only bad part was that it was windy so the water kept on spraying back into my face. It was lovely.
Then I tried a new kombucha flavor! I’m such a creature of habit that its really easy for me just to get the same one over and over again. But nope. Not this time. Gingerberry it was.
And the verdict? Delicious! I’ve tried a lot of GT’s flavors and this will definitely be a go back. My other favorites are:
- Mystic Mango
- Strawberry Serenity
- Cosmic Cranberry
I really want to try the multi-green flavor but I’m hesitant. It’s so greeen!
So there you have it 🙂 My first round of adventures. These were little but for a person who hates getting out of their comfort zone, it was pretty good!
Are you participating in Adventorous April?
Favorite nut butter?
Do you wash your car yourself or do you get it done?
Favorite kombucha flavor? Have you tried the green one??