Who doesn’t love cereal? If you don’t like it, then you aren’t human. Just kidding. But how can you not love cereal?? There are so many different kinds. There is bound to be a brand and flavor you like.
I always love homemade anything. So homemade cereal would be just up my ally…right? Right 🙂
Almond Joy Cereal
adapted from here
- 1/2c garbanzo/fava bean flour
- 1/2c buckwheat flour (can sub any gluten free flour)
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1-2Tbsp sugar (depending on your sweetness level)
- 1/2Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4c water
- 1/2Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3Tbsp unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 4Tbsp sliced, raw almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, salt, 1 Tbsp cocoa powder, and 1-2Tbsp sugar.
- Melt the coconut oil and add it to the dry ingredients along with the vanilla extract and water. (The batter DOES NOT taste good! Don’t say I didn’t warn you.)
- Pour the batter onto the baking sheet and spread it into a thin layer.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder evenly on top.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the shredded coconut and sliced almonds.
- Sprinkle the coconut/almond mix over the batter. Pat it down into the batter to make sure it sticks.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 22-27 minutes.
- Once the middle starts to crack and the outer edges become brown, take it out of the oven.
- Cut into square. You can make them as big or small as you like, depending on your cereal preference.
- Spread the squares out on the baking sheet and put back into the oven for 5-10 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Once they crisp up, take them out of the oven and let cool.
You can either have them plain or in a bowl with your favorite milk. Whatever it is, enjoy 🙂