I feel like I haven’t given you guys an update on my life recently. My posts have been very to the point because of the Expo, being home, and having a very busy week. But luckily things are now slowing down. So here are some updates on things in my life and other random things that have been happening lately…
1. My back is slowly getting better. I haven’t run in who knows how long. Just kidding. I know…maybe a month? It’s weird. I’ve been relying on strength training and weight lifting. I’m not complaining though! Cheryl had this awesome quote:
“You’ve got to have the mental toughness and confidence in yourself where you believe that you can take those days off and you can recover and you can run great. A lot of what we see in athletes that just train all the time and never give themselves adequate recovery is often portrayed as toughness. What I’ve realized over the years is it really is a weakness. It’s an insecurity that you’re not good enough to recover like other athletes: I’m not good enough to do that; I need to keep training; I can’t take time off; I can’t take easy days.”
I think of it whenever I’m feeling down and bam! I feel better (mentally) 🙂 I went to the chiropractor today and he said my range of motion is getting noticeably better! He has been giving me exercises to do at home and I’ve been working on them every day. Hopefully that will get me better soon!
2. Life on my new medication has been pretty good so far. No side effects which is a plus. I’m still transitioning to the new medication but things seem to be a-okay so far 🙂
3. I hate anatomy. I’m pretty sure I’ve said it about 100 times but it’s true. I hate it. First off, it’s hard! The hardest class I have ever taken for sure. Second, I hate dissection! We have 3 cadavers so there’s enough to go around…joy. On the positive side, I was able to dissect a leg without passing out. Win. I just had to keep talking and not look at the hand.
4. I still haven’t talked to my roommate and I couldn’t care less. I know that sounds totally mean but she was not good to have in my life at all. She’s found a new group of friends who likes to drink and party. No thanks.
5. My college transfer search has been going good. I’ve narrowed it down to 4 schools. So over spring break (which is in a week!), my mom and I are going to Chicago and Texas. Then a week later, we’re going to Seattle. What schools are they?? You’ll just have to wait and see… 😉
6. Guess who went to bed at 8:30pm last night. This
grandma girl! I didn’t have anything to do so I thought, why not just go to bed? It felt amazing. I woke up at 5:30am this morning to get a total of 9 hours of sleep. Perfection. I’ve felt super awake today!
7. I’m pretty stoked for tonight’s dinner at the dining hall. It’s all about being sustainable so they’re cooking up some healthy dishes. The chicken is organic, the mushroom cakes are actually pretty good, I always love the herb-roasted potatoes, and quinoa is my weakness. It shall be delicious.
8. My favorite song at the moment:
9. Have you heard of the game Draw Some? It’s basically pictionary for the iPhone and you play other people. Well I’m playing my sister and she drew a picture of a guy with a mullet. But for some reason, no matter how I spelled mullet or how many times I tried, it said I was wrong. So finally, I decided to give up. Well the word was bullet. Not mullet. Apparently she just really wanted to draw a mullet.
10. I bought my Hunger Games premiere ticket!! I am getting home Thursday and then going to the premiere with my best friend later that night. Midnight is wayyy past my bedtime (look at #6) but the Hunger Games is so worth it 🙂
11. So I would say life has been good lately. The weekends are always the hardest for me so I’m looking at going to the mall one day and a farmers market another. I gotta keep busy because before I know it, the school year will be over!
P.S. Jersey Shore season finale is tonight! Who will be watching?? And don’t lie…
What song have you been loving lately?
What’s the hardest class you ever took?