Not being able to work out sucks. It really does. Since being sick this last week, I have not worked out. I still feel horrible and have a hard time breathing without coughing up a lung. I was okay not working out the first few days. But then another day came. And another. It all adds up. I last worked out a week ago and I want to get back so. bad. I feel so ‘blah’ without working out and like all my endurance and strength is going away. Then there’s the eating aspect. When I’m sick, I crave carbs, crabs, and more carbs. Toast for breakfast, crackers for snacks, cereal and orange juice for lunch, graham crackers for snack, and soup and toast for dinner. So. Many. Carbs. But it’s what my body wants. Everything else sounds inedible. So no working out and lots of carbs. Oh boy. I hate it. I feel so ‘blah’ and like a slob. I want to get back to working out and eating normally. Of course, I initially look at myself as ‘lazy’ or ‘fat’ because of the no working out and carb combination. But I need to stop myself. Here’s a few reasons why I need to be okay with my current situation:
- If I workout sooner than I am ready, it will take longer for me to get back to being 100%.
- Working out will always be there. It doesn’t matter if I get better today or next week.
- If my body wants carbs, I need to feed it.
- My body needs food to get better and heal properly.
- Like working out, vegetables will always be there.
- I’m not going to gain a whole bunch of weight and it will be okay!
And what about my feeling of ‘fat-ness?’ Well I just need to get over it. It’s only been a week and once I get better, I will be back to working out and eating healthy. So I just need to take one day at a time. And get better. Slowly, but surely.
How do you deal with not being able to work out?