1. When everything else seems to suck, you will always your family. As I’ve said, my mom is my best friend and she is able to help me get through so much. Then there’s my dad who doesn’t want anything more than for me to be happy. He talks sense into me and makes me realize even the little things. There are those quirky texts I get from my sister. Or those from my brother. No matter what, I know that they will always be there for me, during the good times and bad.
2. Life is pretty awesome once you get out there. Being stuck up in my dorm for the past week hasn’t been fun. But once my mom and I went for a drive, my entire mood changed. We saw beautiful scenery, met cool people, and had an all around amazing time. You just have to get out there.
3. Anything is better than just sitting there. Like I said, I need to find things to do, even if that means doing it by myself. I’m actually pretty excited about my weekend. Friday I am going to the mall, Saturday I have triathlon practice and am going to do some homework, and Sunday I plan on going into San Francisco and being a total tourist. I looked up some fun stuff to do on Trip Advisor and now I’m going to check them out. Who cares if I’m by myself? I don’t. I’m pretty awesome company.
4. I can change my future. Just because I’m unhappy with my current school doesn’t mean I have to stay here for all 4 years. Tons of people switch after their first year. I’m so excited to find the right place for me. With that in mind, I have something to look forward because the thought of coming back to this school isn’t all that appealing.
5. And most importantly, life doesn’t have to be perfect to be wonderful.