1. I went to my high school today. I know, I know. I’m sure you’re (especially Brittany) thinking, “Why the heck would you want to go back there?” I only went back to see one teacher with my friend. It was my Bible Lit teacher during my second semester of senior year. He really helped me out and was hands down, the best teacher I have ever had. But after being there today, I realized even more how petty it was. I wanted to go up to every kid who was sitting by themselves and tell them how none of it matters in the long run. That one day, those popular kids will be passed out in front of the frat house while you excel in college.
P.S. I am going to have a post about my senior year of high school tomorrow. Let’s just say…it wasn’t the best year for me.
2. I also went to the mall today with my sister because she needed to exchange some things. H&M had some serious deals going on but I restrained myself to only buying a sports bra for $5. (The cheap ones are perfect for swimming laps.) Besides that, I kept my eyes forward so I wouldn’t be tempted by things.
4. Speaking of obsessions, this song is amazing. It’s called “It’s a Great Day to Be Alive.” You know it’s going to be amazing just by the title.
5. I have been baking some goodies lately. First I made a wheatberry bread (my family’s favorite bread), protein zucchini brownies, and now I have Eden’s “Seitan Style” Pretzel Nuggets cooling. Umm yeah. Where have these been all my life. High protein pretzel nuggets =my new BFF (bestest, favoritest food).
6. I’m having a first world problem…I don’t know if I should get the iPhone 4S. Right now, I have the 3G but it has been so slow lately. As in, I have to just put it down sometimes and just walk away. Anybody experiencing this problem? Wow. I should just shut up now.
7. So remember how I said I was going to run that race this weekend? It looks like it’s going to be a no-go. After the marathon, my inner left thigh began to hurt. It’s not necessarily the groin, lower than that. I try to stretch it out, but it hurts too bad. So I think I’m going to have to push my pride aside and not do the race this weekend.
9. My dinner may or may not have been wheatberry bread and “seitan style” pretzel nuggets (see #5). Don’t look at me that way. Jersey Shore is on so that gives me an excuse to be extra lazy.
10. Have you ever heard of the show, The Doctors, before? Dr. Phil’s son is on it and then they recently added Jillian Michaels. Okay, anyways, I signed up to get tickets. My phone rang the other day with a Los Angeles area code. I thought, “What the heck. Why is Ryan Gosling calling me?” (Oh gosh I wish.)
Anywho, I answered it and it was a guy from the Doctors asking if I still wanted to go to a taping of the doctors. Heck yes! So next Friday I will go see a taping of the Doctors with my sister and mom. Now I am just praying that they don’t talk about sex, lady parts, and herpes. Oh gosh please no.
11. I have been having the hardest time falling asleep lately. That means I have been going to bed around 1am or 2am. Not fun stuff. To help me fall asleep last night, I pulled out my Nintendo DS. I haven’t played that thing for years. I think I see a comeback.
12. Did you know Jersey Shore is on tonight? I think I’m a little too excited.
13. “Cabs are here!” I couldn’t resist 🙂