I’m back, whether you like it or not! After spending the weekend at my grandma’s house, it’s nice being back home to the swing of things. I left on Saturday morning and came back this afternoon. So what did I do while being away??
- I played in the snow for the first time in like…forever. There wasn’t much, but more than I’m used to.
- I had a (mini) snowball fight. It was mini because I’m a wimp and my hands got wayy to cold.
- We found out who the smarter sibling is. Even though we weren’t expecting snow, I was still smart enough to wear boots while my sister wore sandals.
- I ate my weight in trail mix. Raw walnuts, raw almonds, raw pistachios, dried cranberries, and dried cherries make me swoon.
- We played hours of Rummikub.
- I found out that I had some serious sewing skills in 3rd grade. I kid.
- I had some of the best iced tea…like ever. Decaf green chai peach to be exact.
- We found out that nursing school has made my sister smarter. You know that saying, dumb blonde? Yeah, that defines my sister. At least it used to. Now, she beats my grandma and me at basically every round of rummikub.
- We went shopping. And I am now obsessed with this picture of my sister and grandma.
- We saw beautiful Lake Arrowhead.
- We saw Tori Spelling. While at the supermarket, we saw her strolling around with her husband and kids. We may or may not have followed her. Then we were scared away by her husband. But I can now officially say that I have locked eyes with Tori Spelling. Bam.
- I helped fix a healthy and delicious dinner. My grandma’s cooking is…how do I say this…interesting? So when we went to the market, she asked me for dinner ideas. I jumped on this. Dinner included: Veggies, hummus, pita pockets, pita crackers, and a fruit salad. It was a hit.
- I ate some dark chocolate. And I basically wanted to swim in the truffle filling.
- I ate a pita bread filled with blueberries stuffed inside. Don’t judge. It was delicious.
- And, most importantly, I hung out with the coolest 86 year old I know.