There’s nothing I love more than putting a spin on a recipe and having it come out as a success. Then again, there’s nothing I hate more than putting a spin on a recipe and it coming out a disaster.But luckily, that wasn’t the case this time. I mean, how can you go wrong with pumpkin pie spice and nuts? You’d be nuts to not like that combo. (See what I did there? Nuts…you’d be nuts.) Anywho. These are truly delicious. The right amount of sweet. The perfect crunch. Delicious.
Pumpkin Spiced Mixed Nuts
adapted from Healthy Food for Living
-3/4c raw almonds
-3/4c raw walnuts
-1/2c raw pecans
-1/4c raw cashews
-1 egg white
-3tbsp (organic) brown sugar
-1/2tsp pumpkin pie spice
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Put parchment paper onto a baking sheet and set aside.
2. Add the egg white into the bowl. With a whisk (or fork) mix the whites until they become white and frothy. You get a good arm workout 😉
2. Add the nuts and stir to coat with the whites.
4. Lay the nuts on the baking sheet in a single layer.
5. Bake for 60 minutes at 250 degrees, stirring every 20 minutes.
These are delicious. And didn’t even last a day. Now go make these now!