Oh college…it’s the best of times and the
worst best of times 😉 My life has changed so much since being in college. Here are a few that let you know that you’re in college. (P.S. Of course you know if you would be in college or not…if you didn’t know, you should probably not party so hardy).
1) Going to bed at 11pm is considered early. I used to go to bed so early at home. Now, there is stuff always going on…especially late at night. It doesn’t matter if it’s Wednesday night or Saturday night, there is always something to do. I’m the type of person who needs their sleep. But when all the other roommates are hanging out in the living room, of course I’m going to join in!
2) Writing a paper is no big deal. I used to freak out at the word paper. Now, it’s a common occurrence. I probably have one every week. They still suck. That part doesn’t get any better…
3) Getting an email from the campus post office saying you have a package is the best thing ever. No really. It’s the best thing ever. If I get that golden email from the mail room, I will drop everything I have and
sprint fast walk. And then you feel really popular walking back to your dorm with a package 😉
4) The trash can piles up and you only take it out when you absolutely have to. I hate taking out the trash. Partly because I’m lazy and partly because I’m lazy. (That’s right…you read that right right). The trash can just keeps on piling up and you only take it out when it is overflowing. My roommates and I take turns taking it to the larger trashcan but still…the trash can is so far away! (In reality, it isn’t that far. But try telling my lazy brain that.)
5) Losing your ID card is like losing your life savings. Okay maybe it’s not that bad. But it’s bad! My ID card has so much on it: the key to my dorm, my meal plan, and extra money for other places on campus. One time I dropped it in a parking lot and almost had a heartache when I realized that I lost it. Luckily, the store called and said they had it. You better believe that I sprinted to that place to pick it up!
Of course, all of these are based off of my personal experiences but they are so true for a lot of college students around here.
P.S. I am going to be away for the next three days for a triathlon camp. I leave super early tomorrow morning (6 am…wahhh!) and then I will get back late on Sunday. I will try and post and things may be sporadic, but bare with me 🙂
You’re turn! “You know you’re a (college student, high school student, runner, photographer, lion tamer, etc.) when _________.”